Senior Sales Executive
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Status: Full-time
- Travel: 20%-25%
- Contact: Recruiting
IIA is a fast-growing research and advisory firm. We help companies build and maintain world-class analytics capabilities that create competitive differentiation. We are experts at strategically integrating the business, organizational and technical disciplines required to compete and win on analytics and artificial intelligence. We provide solutions in the areas of enterprise and departmental analytics program development, organizational design, talent management, analytics ROI, data governance, analytics methods, and analytics technology.
IIA is seeking a highly motivated, achievement-driven Senior Sales Executive at its corporate headquarters in Portland, Oregon. The position requires working in a professional environment in IIA’s downtown Portland, Oregon office. The Sales Executive responsibilities include working with Business Development, Client Services, and Marketing leaders to nurture sales leads, conduct client reviews, and maintain detailed records of client activities.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner, team player, and eager to grow into a Business Development role. The Senior Sales Executive is responsible for meeting monthly targets on a consistent basis. The ideal candidate will be able to clearly articulate IIA’s business value proposition and build sustainable relationships with IIA clients and prospects.
We are seeking a Senior Sales Executive with:
- A proven history of building client relationships
- Experience presenting solutions, preferably to technology and business leaders alike
- The ability to efficiently understand client objections and demonstrate the value of IIA services
- A team player mentality
Sales Process Activity:
- Consult with executive level analytics leaders to understand and address mission-critical, business-oriented needs and how they can be best addressed using IIA’s research and advisory products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the executives, decision makers and influencers at target prospect accounts.
- Build organizational charts for each target company using IIA’s CRM and Marketing Automation systems.
- Record and manage all activities in Salesforce.com; activities include daily use of the following fields:
- Contacts, Accounts, Opportunities, and Forecasts
- Use standard IIA sales material to create compelling proposals for IIA’s research and advisory services
- Use publicly-available information tools (google alerts, LinkedIn, etc.) to gather information about customers and prospects
- Make the required number of daily outbound calls to qualified sales leads and current clients
- Can clearly explain the value of IIA’s research and advisory services to a prospective client
- Can clearly explain IIA’s research agenda and coverage areas
- Can clearly articulate IIA’s research calendar (past and present)
- Familiarity with competitive research providers (Gartner, Forrester, IDC, CEB, Advisory Board)
- Understands how to navigate IIA’s Website
- Extra points if you have a background in analytics/big data
Attitude and Professionalism
- Motivates others to work in harmony for team & company goals
- Displays honesty, integrity, and fairness
- Provide weekly forecasts for assigned territories and customers
- Meets and/or exceeds objectives set for each month
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- College graduate preferred
- 5+ years experience in sales & client services, preferably in high technology (services, software or hardware)
- Experience in communicating with senior business leaders
- Knowledge of the full life cycle of the sales process from prospecting to close, especially with larger enterprise sales
- Proficient in account planning and understanding of territory management
- Ability to prospect and manage C-level and senior level relationships within large Fortune 1000 organizations
Capabilities (areas of skills or knowledge required for success):
- Strong knowledge of market dynamics and industry trends
- Understanding of basic research concepts and tools
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Capable of translating technology into business benefits and plans
- Ability to communicate well with people at all levels
- Familiarity with salesforce.com, Microsoft Office, Google applications
Characteristics (personal context required for success, e.g. values, traits, personal style):
- High level of intelligence and business acumen; intellectually grounded
- Committed to learning
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Marketing and sales savvy
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated
- High level of personal integrity
- Exhibits a high level of energy
- Customer focused
- Detail oriented and executes thoroughly
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive base salary and bonus schedule. IIA’s current benefits program includes medical and dental coverage and PTO. As the company grows, we expect to offer: 401k, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Referral Bonus Plans.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IIA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.